Intruder

Jul. 27th, 2026 08:44 pm
moonhare: farmer bunny (gardening)
[personal profile] moonhare posting in [community profile] gardening
I was in the side yard yesterday, with the pup, when I looked toward the garden and saw a doe looking back at me: from inside the garden! I went out the gate and stopped to (1) assess how to get her out, and (2) take her pic. I got the pic as she turned away-

PXL_20260726_220856989_Original.jpeg

PXL_20260726_220856989 Copy.jpeg
Enlarged (click to see original full size)

As I headed up the side of the garden to see if she needed help getting out she turned and bolted out through the space between the fence top and the electric wire.

PXL_20260727_162550183_Original.jpeg
Did I say bolted? She glided, tilted on her side, through that 16” gap, tilted back and performed a perfect quadrupedal landing, barely causing any wiggle of fence or wire! Oh, I wish I could have caught that on video: so impressive! I can’t even be mad at her for eating a couple of green tomatoes :D

*sigh* At least I understand how she got in. I’ll string another wire across that space.

(no subject)

Date: 2026-07-28 04:07 am (UTC)
low_delta: (Default)
From: [personal profile] low_delta
Wow, what a glide!

(no subject)

Date: 2026-07-28 08:24 pm (UTC)
spiralicious: Cereal Killer Mask (Default)
From: [personal profile] spiralicious
That is impressive!

(no subject)

Date: 2026-09-22 06:00 pm (UTC)
spiralicious: Cereal Killer Mask (Default)
From: [personal profile] spiralicious
Indeed!

Profile

gardening: (Default)
Gardening

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
456 78910
11121314151617
181920 21222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags